Environmental Orientation to School Education (EOSE) :
Environmental Orientation to School Education (EOSE) has its roots in the National Policy on Education 1986 which states that - ‘protection of the environment is a value which along with certain other values must form an integral part of curriculum at all stages of education.’ Thus, Environmental Education is a global subject and environmental awareness is now a very urgent issue everyone is confronted with. The world is exerting itself to tackle the problems posed by the misuse of the environment. As a result, the EOSE was launched in Mizoram during 1988 - 89.
Objectives of the scheme are -
- Preparation of text books and instructional materials (print and non-print) to be used at the school level.
- Preparation and review of curriculum to make it local-specific.
- Preparation of slides, audio-tapes, video-tapes, film on environment conservation.
- Preparation of general informative booklets, brochures and posters etc. on environment history and culture.
- Creating environmental awareness among the community.
- Sensitizing teachers on environmental issues for their personal development