VOCATIONALIZATION OF SECONDARY EDUCATION AT PLUS TWO STAGE
1. Vocationalization of Secondary Education at +2 level is a CSS programme launched in Mizoram since 1988. At present a total of 15 Higher Secondary Schools offered 8 vocational Trade. Different vocational trades are being introduced at class XI & XII in the following Higher Secondary Schools.
(1) Govt. Mizo HSS, Aizawl - Computer Technique.
(2) Govt. G.M. HSS, Champhai - 1) Computer Technique
(3) Govt. HSS, Saiha - 1) Sericulture
- 2) Horticulture
(4) Govt. Zemabawk HSS, Aizawl - 1) Commercial Garment Designing & Making
(5) Modern English HSS, Aizawl - Computer Software Application
(6) Govt. Mamawii HSS, Aizawl - 1) Computer Technique
2) Commercial Garment Designing & Making
(7) Govt. HSS, Saitual - Sericulture
(8) Khawzawl HSS, Khawzawl - 1) Computer Technique
(9) Govt. Republic HSS, Aizawl - Computer Software Application
(10) Govt. Central HSS, Aizawl - Office Secretaryship
(11) K.M. HSS, Aizawl - 1) Computer Technique
2) Automobile Engineering Technology
(12) Helen Lowry’s HSS - 1) Computer Technique
2) Medical Laboratory Technology
3) Automobile Engineering Technology
(13) Baptist HSS, Lunglei - Medical Laboratory technology
(14) St. John’s HSS, Kolasib - Computer Software Application
(15) Govt. HSS, Serchhip - Horticulture
For the smooth and better functioning of the scheme, the state Govt. transferred the scheme from SCERT to School Education Directorate since 2013.
The entry qualification for each course is matriculate. The main aim of the scheme is provision of skill oriented education to the young students.
Realizing the urgent need and importance of Vocational education, the Central Govt. initiated National Vocational Education Qualification Framework (NVEQF) for the whole country. This framework would provide uniform quality of vocational education in all States of India. It will also present multiple entry and exit for the vocational students at different levels.
But the scheme that is in line with NVEQF is not yet introduce in the State of Mizoram and it is expected to be introduced in the near future.